FSA Parents Code Of Conduct
- I shall not criticize referees.
Many of our referees are young and learning how to officiate much as your children are learning to play.
Please be patient and treat them as if they were your own child.
- I shall not “Grand Stand” or “sideline” Coach.
It’s very difficult to teach children the game, foster a competitive spirit “and” deal with unruly or demanding parents. Please try to be a
cooperative, helpful parent that supports the coach and the team. Also, please refrain from being a “sideline coach.”
Do not sit behind goals or pace along the sideline shouting instructions.
- I will set a good example of sportsmanship for the children.
Yelling at referees, players on the field or coaches, shows great disrespect for soccer and sets a poor standard of sportsmanship.
It is the team captain or coach’s job alone to discuss any problems with the referees.
- I will encourage my kids AND the rest of the kids on the team.
Let’s pump all these kids up so they’ll have the time of their lives out there. Keep the comments positive and the results will be too!
- I will address any team or player problems quietly and only with our team coach.
Arguing or questioning the coach in public is detrimental to getting a successful resolution and sets a bad example for the players.
- I will make an effort to attend and be on time to all team events.
A commitment to the team is important, plus on game days, plenty of time should be allowed for proper warm ups to help avoid dangerous injuries.
If you can’t make it, please try to arrange for alternate transportation.
- I will try to emphasize to my child that winning a game is the result of “team work.”
- I will strive to make every soccer activity serve as a training ground for life and a basis for good mental and physical health.
- I will emphasize that good athletes strive to be good students.
NOT BE TOLERATED ON THE SOCCER GROUNDS OR TOWARD ANY PERSON IN ATTENDANCE.
- I will always refrain from using abusive or profane language. ABUSIVE OR PROFANE LANGUAGE WILL
- USE OF TOBACCO AND TOBACCO PRODUCTS ARE NOT ALLOWED ON OR AROUND THE PLAYING FIELDS (anywhere on the grass). USE OF THESE PRODUCTS ARE ONLY ALLOWED IN DESIGNATED AREAS AWAY FROM THE PLAYERS (in the parking lot)
- I am aware that my coach is also my leader.
Per the league rules, it is your coach’s responsibility (and the referees) to monitor both the players and parents conduct.
How can I get involved?
If you want to offer input, please volunteer! We always need board members, coaches, referees, and more. Staging a successful
soccer season is truly a cooperative effort. Board members and coaches are all unpaid volunteers. Any help you can volunteer
is genuinely appreciated! Email us today at [email protected]
to join the Parent Committee!